Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Illustration Friday: "Subterranean"

How exciting - it finally feels like spring! And how exciting that I have gotten the IF challenge done three weeks in a row. (It's good practice - I definitely intend to keep it up.) "Subterranean" this week. Ant farms are a fun and exciting way to show kids the subterranean world. Hope this picture conveys that sense of wonder. I am trying to not overwork my pictures. (A bad habit I have that just sucks the life out of them.) I often prefer my beginning sketches. In this illustration I am trying to capture that whimsical sketchy feeling.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! Kids love the ant farms, and this little boys face is perfect! good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! You've defintely captured that sense of wonder in this little boy's eyes, it's adorable and brings back fun memories. Great job and congrats on 3 weeks in a row, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this idea...great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! You can see the fascination on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. He definitely has a sense of wonder and curiosity his eyes!

    ReplyDelete